Why You Should Use A Travel Agent Instead of Booking Online
Travel agents make travel less stressful.
When booking a vacation, destination wedding or honeymoon, the last thing a traveler should have to do is a worry.
“It is a special memory in your life that should only result in a pleasant experience all the way through. A travel agent is vital in planning these special memories as they take the worry off of you and let you focus solely on the exciting events to come and what you shall pack,”
A travel agent is a person who helps out people in everything right from planning their trip to making all the bookings. But with the recent advent of technology and new trends, a number of online websites have started doing the same job as travel agents. By today, there are hundreds of websites which lets you plan your trip and do all the bookings related to the same via the internet. And while the web has taken over the bookings for travel and tourism, there are sufficiently still explanations behind why travel agents beat online booking.
Here are the reasons, why you should use a travel agent instead of an online travel agent (OTA)
- Saves Time – Just think about the last time you spent hours researching the places and hotels at a destination before doing the booking and planning the whole trip. What if someone else does the same for you and saves you time? Yes, travel agents are exactly helpful for you to plan your whole trip along with the booking while saving your time.
- They save you money- Travel professionals have access to special discount codes and promotions through suppliers. They often can save an additional amount or provide clients with a dining or spa credit that wouldn’t be available when booking through an OTA.
- They love what they do –Travel agents are not just people who help the customer to get their bookings done by saving their time. They are the ones who are passionate about travel. They love to travel and explore different places and they want the clients to feel the same when they travel.
- They know all the details –When you are visiting a new destination altogether, it is very important that you know well about the nearby restaurants, bus stops, and airports well. A travel agent is someone who has well-maintained relationships with the people over at the other destinations which can help you to get all the information easily.
- Getting better prices, first –Travel agents always have a better relationship with the airlines and wholesalers. This helps you to get better prices for everything through travel agents first.
- They’re there 24/7- Travel agents are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They’re there with you throughout the booking process and follow up afterward. On the other hand, contacting an OTA’s customer service line often means wading through a chain of people.
- Trend Updates – Travel agents are the people who get the idea about the upcoming trends in the market first. They know well about the price hikes and lows well before, it is updated on the portals. This helps clients better in going for travel agents rather than portals.
- Real Relationship – No matter how good deals you receive on the online booking portals, there is no real relationship between you and the other side. On the other hand, with the travel agents, it is always a real human to the human relationship which can be more comfortable for you when you are traveling and have any problems to face with.
Thus, a travel agent is much than just an agent who does the booking work. With the emergence of new trends and technologies day by day, travel agents will still rule the market of travel and tourism in coming years.